How do I register for an external exam?

How do I register for an external exam?

British Curriculum:

IGCSE, AS Levels & A Level students must write external exams at an exam centre accredited by CAIE/The British Council. 

You will need to find out where the closest centre is to you and be sure to book exams ahead of time (approx. 4 months) as there are cut-off times for these bookings. These exams are charged for, please be sure to confirm costs directly with the centre well ahead of time. 

British curriculum external exams are written in two sessions per year, in May/June and October/November.

You can find exam centres here

or you can contact Tutors and Exams here


In Grade 12, final exams are written at an external exam centre. CambriLearn will register Grade 12 learners with SACAI who will allocate an exam venue to the learner where they will write their Grade 12 matriculation examinations. These exams can only be written in South Africa, therefore international students will need to travel to South Africa on a study permit to write their matriculation Exams.

Exam fees will be confirmed upon registration for Grade 12.

Related FAQ

Can I cancel my subscription?
Certain terms and conditions apply to cancellations. Please read the full article if you wish to cancel your subscription.
+Read full post
Does South Africa recognise Cambridge qualifications?
The short answer is yes. Read the full article for more information.
+Read full post
How do I change my profile details?
You can change your details by logging in to you CambriLearn dashboard.
+Read full post

Do you need help?